May 31, 2008

Duka Bay Resort








Last May 24, 2008 we went to Duka Bay Resort in Medina, Misamis Oriental. Just a one hour and forty-five minute bus ride from Cagayan de Oro City. It's a pleasant place where you can relax and have a nice view of the Camiguin Island. The whole area is shaded by great looking large trees. In the western side of the bay are beautiful large rocks where you can see small crabs. Those of you who are into sports can try their kayaks, water bikes and gear for scuba diving. It's a fantastic place for swimming and snorkeling too. You'll see lots of colorful, tropical fish. The most wonderful experience I had was riding the glass bottom boat and witnessed the most spectacular coral reef and caves populated with marine life.

9 comments:

Bluebirdy said...

A BLUE STARFISH!?!?! Oh my stars I never dreamed of such a thing! Only the sand colored ones! All this is within bicycle distance from your house? You live in a BEAUTIFUL area! I am so impressed that you are still able to bike around even with your pain. You are such a good example.
Bless you!
"The other Sheila" lol

Nova said...

this is really a very nice beach day.. i wanna see more of it.. hay... even if i'm here still for like 12 days? i'm missing home. and everything at home..

thanks for the visit and the very long commento... i'm glad too that i'm finally at my fiancee's arms... hay, the only thing i could think off is to adjust and adapt the american culture. which probably takes for a while..

i love the sea... totally still summer

Peter said...

Wow Sheila, this place is stunning and you have captured it very well.

I'm totally amazed at the blue starfish!

I've never seen a glass bottomed boat here, but it sounds like an incredible way to view the reefs...

WhoIsMarc? said...

I'm a beach lover myself and this is one of the most scenic beaches I've ever seen.

I just can't wait to be back next year in Philippines and hopefull I can visit this place. Hope you can help me with details if it's not to much to ask. :)

You can email me at marcdionisio2006@gmail.com :) Thanks

Mel Alarilla said...

Yes, Duka Bay looks so tranquil and pristine. I hope I can visit it someday. Thanks for the post. God bless you always my friend.

Nature Nut /JJ Loch said...

What a magnificent blog. I must return to browse around. Your posts are AWESOME!!! I love your shots and commentary. We are kindred spirits. :D WOOT!

Hugs, JJ

Unknown said...

Lovely post. The pictures are beautiful and peaceful. That starfish is amazing! I've never seen one that color before!

Best wishes.

Sincerely,

-Liane Schmidt.

Faisal Admar said...

oh my! the water is so clear... love it. is that blue starfish really exist? it looks weird tho hehe :)

Anonymous said...

A blue starfish? Cool. I miss the beaches in the Philippines