December 27, 2007

Daisy For You Mother



I took this photo from my mother's garden when I went home to Bukidnon last weekend. I'm not sure if this flower was her favorite but she grows so many of them when she was still alive. She had this garden of daisies since I was still in high school and until now it is still there. Every morning during "All Souls Day" she'd remind me to pick daisies from her garden for our dead grandfather and grandmothers. But after her death last November 3, 2003, it was different. She wasn't there anymore to remind me to pick daisies. I was picking DAISY flowers at Mother's garden for HER. It was so painful, it hurt so much. I have always cried everytime I picked daisies during the first two years of her death. Now, it isn't that painful anymore but everytime I see daisy flowers it reminds me of my mother. In my heart, when I see daisies it means my mother.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for visiting my blog:)
Beautiful flower, it looks like a gerbera daisy to me. My mom grows them in her garden too.
How lovely that they remind you of your mom.

Anonymous said...

hi shiela, thanks for dropping by my blog. i love the pic in ur post. madami ka ba nyan?

Anonymous said...

amazing capture. lovely colors. i really LOVE title for this blog, cause.....life is SO beatutiful

Colleen @AMadisonMom said...

A beautiful flower... and a beautiful post. It is so nice to have a reminder of your mother.

LadyNoor said...

Thanks for dropping a comment on my posting :)
The flower is beautiful, nicely taken photo...

Liz said...

Loved the photos, I enjoyed my stay here, ang gaganda. Sana mapuntahan ko rin ang mga yan. Thanks for dropping by my site, hope to see more of you.

Wishing you and your family good health and a grace filled new year.